Saturday 20 June 2009

Back to black







Since the first LBD was designed by genius madam Chanel, LBDs have been a must have garment in most designers' collections. Ever since then, black has been the most classy colour for women to wear. But I actually personally dont like wearing black much(my old school uniform annoyed me very much).
I had to do a project on LBDs lately and found that there's actually quite alot you can do with black dresses even though my dress did turn out slightly on the -there-a-safety-pin-still-sticking-out-the-back- side. If the little black dress has beautiful elements on it then it will be beautiful.
On the catwalks this season, there are many gorgeous LBDs. The main silhouettes I saw were feminine and clean. There's much light, floaty, shiny and lacy fabrics. Surface decorations are beautiful and just the right amount. There is also ruffles which of course is a bonus. The romantic goth trend seemed to have been toned down a little bit though. For modern little black dresses, check out Alexander Wang, Marios Schwab, Erin Fetherston, Stella McCartney and for drama there's Gareth Pugh! I have selected a few of my favourite LBDs: Marc Jacobs, Stella McCartney and Erin Fetherston which are in the pictures above.

No comments:

Post a Comment